POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Source code for "Towards Tek's Isosurface City" Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:05:50 EDT (-0400)
  Source code for "Towards Tek's Isosurface City" (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Source code for "Towards Tek's Isosurface City"
Date: 7 Jan 2024 19:30:00
Message: <web.659b41a9f31daa03e9c3f02789db30a9@news.povray.org>
The attached scene file contains the source code for my "Towards Tek's
Isosurface City" image.

Relevant threads:

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Towards Tek's Isosurface City
Date: 2023-12-27 22:50:00
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.658cef0e2f5f1a9e2ba5690489db30a9%40news.povray.org%3E/

From: Tek
Subject: Isosurface City revistied (WIP-maybe)
Date: 2008-03-25 19:24:01
https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C47e997a1%40news.povray.org%3E/

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'towards teks isosurface city.pov.txt' (8 KB)

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Source code for "Towards Tek's Isosurface City"
Date: 8 Jan 2024 14:25:00
Message: <web.659c49f1e31dbf979b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
Thanks for posting this, especially the interesting code for the window
textures!

I added a missing line to your camera--
             right x*image_width/image_height

Without it, the render will look distorted unless it is run at a 'default' 4X3
ratio.

I noticed that your window textures show a slight 'discontinuity', which I'm
sure you noticed too.  Today, I came across yet another interesting post, by Sam
Benge in 2008. In it, he and TEK discuss crackle patterns and function code
relating to TEK's crackle-city and its windows. (This was prior to TEK's later
image post of his completed city, with the nicely-applied windows he eventually
came up with.) The code there looks like a modification of your own windows
function. I don't yet understand how it really works, but I thought it would be
of interest to you. Unfortunately, TEK never posted his finished and modified(?)
window code, as far as I can tell. :-(

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C488e5300%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=280940

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tor_olav_windows_vs_tek.jpg' (324 KB)

Preview of image 'tor_olav_windows_vs_tek.jpg'
tor_olav_windows_vs_tek.jpg