POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Source code for "Towards Tek's Isosurface City" : Re: Source code for "Towards Tek's Isosurface City" Server Time
15 May 2024 13:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source code for "Towards Tek's Isosurface City"
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Jan 2024 14:00:00
Message: <web.65a18bd9e31dbf979b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > I added a missing line to your camera--
> >               right x*image_width/image_height
> >
> If you use version 3.8, that line is not needed as the right vector
> default is x*image_width/image_height

Ah yes, I see that now.

However, Tor Olav's scene file has #version 3.7 in the header. If I run it as-is
in v3.8 beta 1, at (for example)  +w200  +h700, the render is distorted. If I
change his scene to #version 3.8, the render looks normal. That's what confused
me. So, by using #version 3.7 in the scene, it 'back-tracks' to the previous
behavior-- requiring the camera's   right x*image_width/image_height  to be
explicitly stated.