POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset Server Time
19 Mar 2024 00:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset (Message 1 to 10 of 38)
From: Clodo
Subject: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset
Date: 9 Mar 2016 12:35:01
Message: <web.56e05da626a7967a4e8811590@news.povray.org>
With POV-Ray 3.7.1 will be possible (thanks to clipka, Bill P. and many others)

headsets like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive etc.

I tested the feature with my poor scene skills (simple stuffs like spheres).
Now i'm looking some great scene for rendering and test with VR headset.
I found a lot of greatest rendering also in this forum, but rarely source files.

If the source file .pov is available i can render it and share the result here.
If anyone it's interested to render it's work without share the source, i can
write here the instruction (for POV-Ray 3.7.1-alpha).

camera viewport).
Or maybe a scene where it's possible to put the camera in a nice position for
spherical projection. Like put camera in the middle of this chessboard:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.48a3212ced5dba694adca9c0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=285993

Also animation will be interesting.

If anyone have or know interesting scene for testing with VR headset, please
report a link here. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message