POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : How to design the structure of a graphic component? Server Time
7 May 2024 07:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  How to design the structure of a graphic component? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: And
Subject: How to design the structure of a graphic component?
Date: 14 Jul 2023 02:40:00
Message: <web.64b0eca378dc791bee1d8e88aa81652d@news.povray.org>
I wrote a java program last year:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3Cweb.62b9d31097c0f8e9cf20f667aa81652d%40news.povray.org%3E/

I will rewrite it (because I have wrote some corresponding POV-macro for the
functions, I can reserve them, and other consequent), especially the Curve
Editor which can use mouse drag node to edit curves.

Maybe I will release that component to GitHub under open-source license in the
future.

But I need some suggestion about write such a graphic component. Because I found
my
structure of the program is not ideal. It is hard to complete all features what
I want. I have paused effort on it, But I remember I spend much time developing
it last 1-2 years.

I use Java language to implement them, but generally it is not the emphasis.

Post a reply to this message

> I will rewrite it (because I have wrote some corresponding POV-macro for the
> functions, I can reserve them, and other consequent), especially the Curve
> Editor which can use mouse drag node to edit curves.
>
> Maybe I will release that component to GitHub under open-source license in the
> future.
>
> But I need some suggestion about write such a graphic component. Because I found
> my
> structure of the program is not ideal. It is hard to complete all features what
> I want. I have paused effort on it, But I remember I spend much time developing
> it last 1-2 years.
>
> I use Java language to implement them, but generally it is not the emphasis.

I'd like to see this done. :)
Can't help you with java...sorry. I use VB for all my POV macros and tools -
mostly to convert Blender objects including 2D spines to POV syntax. Easy to
parse and lots of free 2D and 3D canvas tools.  and compiles to .exe.
Mike

Post a reply to this message

"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I'd like to see this done. :)

Oh, oh... I see.

> Can't help you with java...sorry. I use VB for all my POV macros and tools -
> mostly to convert Blender objects including 2D spines to POV syntax. Easy to
> parse and lots of free 2D and 3D canvas tools.  and compiles to .exe.
> Mike

Ok.
I just thought that maybe I can found someone who are proficient at
(General/Object Oriented) designing of GUI program.