POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:05:43 EDT (-0400)
  Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? (Message 1 to 10 of 38)
From: virtualmeet
Subject: Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ?
Date: 22 Dec 2006 17:25:00
Message: <web.458c5afde96868a657714efb0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm looking for the part of the code that evaluate math functions
(isosurfaces) already stored in the functions table. I can't locate this
ultimate function in the code... Perhaps it's merged with some code and has
a different name than the usual "Eval()" fct?
Thanks in advance,
Taha

Post a reply to this message

> I'm looking for the part of the code that evaluate math functions
> (isosurfaces) already stored in the functions table. I can't locate this
> ultimate function in the code... Perhaps it's merged with some code and has
> a different name than the usual "Eval()" fct?

You mean a multifile search/grep for the function names in the internal
function table won't show you? Of course it would, but either way, you are
looking for fnintern.cpp.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > I'm looking for the part of the code that evaluate math functions
> > (isosurfaces) already stored in the functions table. I can't locate this
> > ultimate function in the code... Perhaps it's merged with some code and has
> > a different name than the usual "Eval()" fct?
>
> You mean a multifile search/grep for the function names in the internal
> function table won't show you? Of course it would, but either way, you are
> looking for fnintern.cpp.
>
>  Thorsten

Hello,
Thanks for the help. I was in fact looking for the fct evaluator of the low
level defined fct ("+", "-"...) and I found it in fnpovfpu.cpp --> DBL
POVFPU_RunDefault(FUNCTION fn) . I also found that you're the author of
this part of code so all I can say is: My hat is off to you and to all Pov
team programers, you're our inspiration.
My Christmas Greetings to you and to the PovRay team.
Taha

Post a reply to this message