POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? : Re: Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? Server Time
1 May 2024 18:08:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ?
From: virtualmeet
Date: 30 Jan 2007 11:15:01
Message: <web.45bf6e97f1edfe3e88f6280e0@news.povray.org>
Hi again,
Just to say that the monster has just started to show it's real face to
me...calculations can go really mad by exploting Isosurfaces geometry: New
calcul simplifitions can be done , which are impossible to do by another
way.
Example: Cos(x) + cos(y) + cos(z)  (Schwartz). Well, beleave it or not but a
grid of 1000x1000x1000 will require only 3000 cosinus fct calculations (I'm
already able to use this kind of simplifications), rather than the normal
10^9.
Not only it can run fast but it can also run handreds or thousands times
faster than a "hard coded" function...in short, the parser can make the
hardwar run faster than it's original purpose!
Thorsten and Warp: Please consider to take a closer look at this way of
making geometrical math calculations...it looks to me that I'm still seeing
only the top of the iceberg and skilled peoples like you can certainly make
things much more better.
Cheers,
Taha