POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? : Re: Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:34:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which code evaluate Math functions (ie: isosurfaces) ?
From: virtualmeet
Date: 23 Dec 2006 15:30:01
Message: <web.458d9190f1edfe3e408710580@news.povray.org>
> virtualmeet wrote:
> > I'm looking for the part of the code that evaluate math functions
> > (isosurfaces) already stored in the functions table. I can't locate this
> > ultimate function in the code... Perhaps it's merged with some code and has
> > a different name than the usual "Eval()" fct?
>
> You mean a multifile search/grep for the function names in the internal
> function table won't show you? Of course it would, but either way, you are
> looking for fnintern.cpp.
>
>  Thorsten

Hello,
Thanks for the help. I was in fact looking for the fct evaluator of the low
level defined fct ("+", "-"...) and I found it in fnpovfpu.cpp --> DBL
POVFPU_RunDefault(FUNCTION fn) . I also found that you're the author of
this part of code so all I can say is: My hat is off to you and to all Pov
team programers, you're our inspiration.
My Christmas Greetings to you and to the PovRay team.
Taha