POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : My first patch? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:10:25 EDT (-0400)
  My first patch? (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: My first patch?
Date: 1 May 2004 09:29:55
Message: <Xns94DC9D68E435Fraf256com@203.29.75.35>
Hi,
few lame questions,

- what commend from console write to compile from sources povray?
- with *.c file is responsible for interpolation in denisty_map
- can I get povray beta 4 source code, since I want to try to fix bug
 Xns94DB1FBCC42DAraf256com@203.29.75.35 (see below)
- whitch code is responsible for parsing density_map interpolation options,
with funcion is used to "throw" parse-error?

the bug is:

// bug found by Rafal Maj raf256.com
// strange effect when using illegal interpolate 2 for density file
// confirmed PRESENT in: PovRay 3.6.beta4.win32
// confirmed   NOT   in: PovRay 3.5.win32
// render with any options, i.e.: +w640 +h480 +a0.02 +am2 +ar2 +fn

box { 0, 1
  pigment { color rgbt 1 }
    interior {
      media {  emission 3
        density {
          density_file df3 "spiral.df3"
          interpolate 2 // <--- should be 0,1 *but* 2 should generate error
        }
      }
   }
   hollow translate z*1-.5