POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : My first patch? : Re: My first patch? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:57:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first patch?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 3 May 2004 11:37:08
Message: <Xns94DEB31C7DB23raf256com@203.29.75.35>
tho### [at] trfde news:4095e92c$1@news.povray.org

> Not "commend", it is spelled "command" and that is still the wrong
> word.  In a programming language this is called "function".  There is
> no problem with making spelling mistakes, but please try to learn at
> least the basic English terms and don't use them randomly throughout
> your message - it would make reading your posts much easier!

Some of us dont have too much time and I assumed that small spelings errors
want confuse anyone, especialy in advanced group like this one.

>> - with *.c file is responsible for interpolation in denisty_map
> As density is a pattern, it would make sense to look at where all
> pattern functions are implemented - in the files with just that name
> ;-)

> This isn't a bug at all.

As You wrote in beta-test, this is new type of interpolation.
But its results are realy odd IMHO. I.e. galaxy.df3 looks very strange when
rendered with that interpolation. IMHO this code should be double-checked.

Btw, no chance of incorporating most important innovations from i.e. SDLPov
(like HDR) into 3.6 :( ?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/