POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:44:51 EDT (-0400)
  New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. (Message 64 to 73 of 73)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
Date: 28 Jun 2009 03:27:18
Message: <4a471b56$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> If YOU specify a resolution with non-square pixels,
>
> Sure, but at the moment you don't, POV just assumes you want non-square
> pixels, which IMO is wrong most of the time.

?

How can you possibly mean that you don't specify the ratio?

Just about everyone specifies the exact image dimensions to use.
Additionally, every scene has a specific aspect ratio (either explicit
or implied).  If the ratio doesn't match, the only rational response by
POV is to assume that the user input is correct, and that non-square
pixels are desired.

--
Chambers

Post a reply to this message