POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. : Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
7 May 2024 12:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 05:46:34
Message: <4a49defa@news.povray.org>
>> SO you still expect me to trawl through all the scene files, looking for
>> the camera block that is actually the active one, then calculate what
>> image dimensions I should tell POV I want, just to get an image with
>> square pixels?  That doesn't sound too ideal to me, *especially* when
>> most of the time you do want square pixels.
>
> So you're saying that your major objection is that you don't want to look
> through the source code, right?

And then do a calculation to figure out what to tell POV, yes.  I've used
enough 2D and 3D programs, and none works like this, it's completely
counter-intuitive.  All programs I've seen automatically assume you are
working with square pixels unless you specifically check or uncheck a
certain option, IMO it should be the same for POV.