POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : GPU usage Server Time
15 May 2024 16:39:36 EDT (-0400)
  GPU usage (Message 21 to 26 of 26)
From: oleg
Subject: Re: GPU usage
Date: 14 Dec 2010 02:55:00
Message: <web.4d07226ddc9638ab50f14cc60@news.povray.org>
Hi,
Iam a newbee. A colleague asked me to do some research in using pov-ray and GPU.
After reading your comments it seems not a good idea to render pictures with GPU
power because of single precision. But what about the Nvidia Tesla and its high
DP processing power? Are there any project in progress or does it make sense to
think about using the Nvidia Tesla GPUs for rendering?

greetings
SEb

Post a reply to this message