POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Re: Utility que3stion "pack and go" or "briefcase" style cleanup Server Time
27 Apr 2024 06:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Utility que3stion "pack and go" or "briefcase" style cleanup (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Re: Utility que3stion "pack and go" or "briefcase" style cleanup
Date: 17 Jan 2008 02:56:41
Message: <478f0a39@news.povray.org>
Something like this would be nice as well:

"Andycadd" <And### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message
> Has anyone created a "pack and go" style tool for povray?
>
> Basically a tool to take the multiple include files
> and strip out all the unused items writing a single POV file sequenced
> for rendering.
>
> I ask because I tend to put all my new textures and shapes into a small
> number of files and then call them all during the first parse.  I recently
> generated a bunch of color files from most of the paint companies and even
> larger image mapping files from the architectural finish companies
> (wallpapers, siding, etc...).  Currently I cut and paste the textures I
> want from the very large, many thousand of textures, texture/material
> library files, this works but is not very convenient.

Post a reply to this message

From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 27 Jan 2008 00:01:21
Message: <479c1021@news.povray.org>

> Something like this would be nice as well:

yeah, but whya tool when POV-Ray could do it automatically: putting all
relevant items in memory for parsing and rendering. I think that it
would accelerate parsing and rendering plus would safe some memory since
unused bojects/items wouldn't be "in scene" (memory). But I think
POV-Ray already does this optimization after parsing, I'm not sure, can
someone please verify this for us?