POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Re: Utility que3stion "pack and go" or "briefcase" style cleanup : Re: Utility que3stion "pack and go" or "briefcase" style cleanup Server Time
9 May 2024 01:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Utility que3stion "pack and go" or "briefcase" style cleanup
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 27 Jan 2008 00:01:21
Message: <479c1021@news.povray.org>

> Something like this would be nice as well:

yeah, but whya tool when POV-Ray could do it automatically: putting all
relevant items in memory for parsing and rendering. I think that it
would accelerate parsing and rendering plus would safe some memory since
unused bojects/items wouldn't be "in scene" (memory). But I think
POV-Ray already does this optimization after parsing, I'm not sure, can
someone please verify this for us?