POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: gregjohn
Subject: What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got?
Date: 6 Oct 2010 07:35:00
Message: <web.4cac5dec8554e2e534d207310@news.povray.org>
http://www.google.com/insights/search/#cat=0&q=povray%2Cblender%203d%2Cmaya%203d&geo=&gprop=&cmpt=q&hl=en-US

Post a reply to this message

From: gregjohn
Subject: Re: What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got?
Date: 6 Oct 2010 07:40:01
Message: <web.4cac5fcc48fb14cd34d207310@news.povray.org>
Added a term: Sketchup, and may have the answer.

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Date: 6 Oct 2010 07:56:52
Message: <4cac6404$1@news.povray.org>
Blender has a GUI and a low price tag for the full version.  POV-Ray
lacks the former, and Maya lacks the latter.

It also has a steep learning curve, but that's hardly unique to Blender.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message