POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got? : Re: What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got?
From: gregjohn
Date: 6 Oct 2010 09:25:00
Message: <web.4cac783c48fb14cdae3cb5160@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> a GPL license, a benevolent dictator and cool demos that work well as short
> movies by themselves?

"Movies," in all honesty, was part of my original agenda, one hypothesis I had
before heading to the data mines.  A simpler hypothesis arose when I considered
Sketchup-- its coming on the scene may have taken away eyeballs from some of the
other programs. Free, possibly more fun for "play", and the massive publicity
possible by a major IT player, who happens to be "non-evil".