POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got? : Re: What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's Blender got that povray and Maya ain't got?
From: gregjohn
Date: 9 Oct 2010 14:15:01
Message: <web.4cb0b0f248fb14cd34d207310@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 12:18 PM, gregjohn wrote:
>
> > Could that be due to "Pirates of the Caribbean" ?  In that it
> > presents a computer as a way to lose your soul artistically? 8D
>
> WTF-O-Meter: 4.5

lol!  I guess it's even more WTFish if one thinks of PoC as not that bad a film,
and the CGI as integral part of the film.  I was wondering if somehow something
could have taken the fun out of CG for a lot of folks, such that interest
worldwide in CG software would be declining as those google stats seem to
suggest.