POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Solar cooling? (Message 31 to 40 of 71)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Solar cooling?
Date: 17 May 2010 10:55:25
Message: <4bf158dd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.05.2010 15:19, schrieb Warp:
> Aydan<hes### [at] hendrik-sachsenet>  wrote:
>>>    The most common one being "the voltage is high, but the current is low",
>>> which don't make sense.
>
>> It does make sense if you know that a voltage source always has a series
>> resistance. The series resistance of the high voltage generator is in the kilo
>> ohms, whereas the series resistance of a mains supply is in the single digit
>> ohms or below.
>
>    But the voltage difference is between the wire and the ground, and
> there's nothing else between them than the body of the person touching
> the wire.
>
>    The current *is* very high. But only for a really small amount of time.
> It's not the current that kills you (as the saying goes), but the power
> transfer (the amount of current over time). I think the unit is Watt.

Note that the probability that you're making contact with the cattle
wire at the very moment that a pulse has just started is /very/ low.

In most cases, the person is already connected when the generator
"fires", so the voltage will not even build up to the maximum of
/static/ electricity the generator could provide.

Post a reply to this message