POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? : Re: Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar cooling?
From: clipka
Date: 17 May 2010 11:32:35
Message: <4bf16193$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.05.2010 14:44, schrieb Warp:

>    Thus I think I wouldn't be really wrong when I say "it's not the current
> that kills you, it's the electrical power transfer (over time)".

No, normally not.

Electrical power transfer /per se/ can kill by either electrolysis or
excessive heat.

Most people killed by electricity die of cardiac arrest though, which is
caused neither by current nor by voltage, but primarily by a "suitable"
frequency (though of course a certain V=I*R threshold must be exceeded
as well).

Mains does not provide enough power to do much harm via /power
transfer/, even with prolonged exposure: While it typically does cause
burns at the point of contact, it takes high-voltage lines to inflict
really serious burns - and even then they're not necessarily fatal.