POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Short question (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: Short question
Date: 3 Feb 2010 08:15:00
Message: <4b6976d4$1@news.povray.org>
Why is it that with just about every Linux distro known to mankind, as
soon as I set the display to the correct resolution, all the text
becomes ABSOLUTELY HUGE?

I mean, like, the letters are about 12mm tall on my screen.

Sure, for a high-resolution display, you want slightly bigger text so
it's still readable (and the extra resolution gets towards making the
letters look more crisp). But I don't need the next 8x bigger!

Does anybody know how the heck you alter this? I've searched all around
the various KDE menus and can't find it.

Also, how do you change keymap?

Post a reply to this message

> Why is it that with just about every Linux distro known to mankind, as
> soon as I set the display to the correct resolution, all the text
> becomes ABSOLUTELY HUGE?
>
> I mean, like, the letters are about 12mm tall on my screen.
>
> Sure, for a high-resolution display, you want slightly bigger text so
> it's still readable (and the extra resolution gets towards making the
> letters look more crisp). But I don't need the next 8x bigger!
>
> Does anybody know how the heck you alter this? I've searched all around
> the various KDE menus and can't find it.

On Karmic Ubuntu: Gnome/System/Preference/Appearance, Font tab
(might be localised, translate as needed)

> Also, how do you change keymap?

On Karmic Ubuntu: Gnome/System/Preference/Keyboard
(might be localised, translate as needed)

--
A good Manager will take you
through the forest, no mater what.

Post a reply to this message

>> Does anybody know how the heck you alter this? I've searched all around
>> the various KDE menus and can't find it.
>
> On Karmic Ubuntu: Gnome/System/Preference/Appearance, Font tab
> (might be localised, translate as needed)
>
>> Also, how do you change keymap?
>
> On Karmic Ubuntu: Gnome/System/Preference/Keyboard
> (might be localised, translate as needed)

Well, that was easy. Although it appears Ubuntu gets it right by default
anyway. Which is odd, considering it's based on Debian which gets it wrong.

Alternatively, maybe it's that GNOME gets it right and KDE doesn't? I'll
do some further testing...

Post a reply to this message