POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short question : Re: Short question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Feb 2010 13:07:27
Message: <4b69bb5f$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:15:01 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Why is it that with just about every Linux distro known to mankind, as
> soon as I set the display to the correct resolution, all the text
> becomes ABSOLUTELY HUGE?

DPI setting is usually what throws it off for me - like between my
desktop monitor and my laptop screen - when I dock the laptop, the DPI is
detected differently.

> Does anybody know how the heck you alter this? I've searched all around
> the various KDE menus and can't find it.

In KDE I don't; if you're using openSUSE, though, a question in the
openSUSE forums would probably get you a quick answer.

> Also, how do you change keymap?

That's in the user preferences IIRC - again, not a KDE user myself, so I
don't know off the top of my head, but I'd refer you to
forums.opensuse.org as a place you could get a quick answer.

Jim