POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fire Power Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Fire Power (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: clipka
Subject: Fire Power
Date: 24 Jul 2009 20:55:01
Message: <web.4a6a573d1cd0014e6e32850e0@news.povray.org>
One of those random facts from the 'net:

The Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II's GAU-8/A machine cannon, when fired, produces
more recoil thrust (45 kN) than a single of the plane's two turbofan engines (40
kN each)...

WTF!

Fire power, literally. That's what I'd call brute force. (Then again, that's
what that whole ugly thing was designed for.)

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:52:13 -0400, clipka wrote:

> One of those random facts from the 'net:
>
> The Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II's GAU-8/A machine cannon, when fired,
> produces more recoil thrust (45 kN) than a single of the plane's two
> turbofan engines (40 kN each)...
>
> WTF!
>
> Fire power, literally. That's what I'd call brute force. (Then again,
> that's what that whole ugly thing was designed for.)

Yep, that and flying with giant gaping holes in the wings. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message