POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  you & me right now, warp (Message 141 to 150 of 175)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: you & me right now, warp
Date: 20 Feb 2009 11:10:21
Message: <499ed5ed$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2009 1:58 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Heh. Well, as you know, I've never really had "friends". However, that
> particular song spent months at or near the top of the UK charts. Still,
> the tune is probably more memorable than the actual words...

And when was the last time I paid attention to the UK charts?

I've never heard of either the band, or the song.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 20 Feb 2009 11:21:19
Message: <499ed87f$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2009 1:08 AM, Invisible wrote:
> (Most of the replies mumbled something about "Usenet". I have no idea
> what that is or why that's relevant.)

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=usenet

People often think that NNTP = Usenet, which is not true (the POV
server, for instance, is specifically NOT a part of Usenet).  However,
it IS true that NNTP and Usenet were created side by side.

Usenet is a big part of the Internet's history; I'd suggest you read up
on it a bit.

The problem with it now, of course, is that it's been taken over almost
entirely by spammers, trolls, and warez.  Not to mention, you have to
have a 3-inch thick flame-retardant skin to frequent many groups, due to
the high aggressiveness of the participants.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

>> (Most of the replies mumbled something about "Usenet". I have no idea
>> what that is or why that's relevant.)
>
> People often think that NNTP = Usenet, which is not true.

I see.

> The problem with it now, of course, is that it's been taken over almost
> entirely by spammers, trolls, and warez.  Not to mention, you have to
> have a 3-inch thick flame-retardant skin to frequent many groups, due to
> the high aggressiveness of the participants.

Heh. Sometimes the Haskell list makes me feel a bit like that. (Although
it's certainly nowhere near as bad as it could be...)

Post a reply to this message