POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2009 13:19:25
Message: <499ef42d$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Sending private messages to other users is much easier, rather than the
> whole "oh you have to remove the xyzJF# and the notHere77 from my email
> address" palaver.

Sure you do. HTML gets scraped way more than NNTP does.

> And of course, you can access a web-based forum from any machine without
> having to install a client (although POV has a web interface for its
> NNTP server).

Name a popular OS that doesn't come with a newsgroup reader preinstalled.

Note that what you're saying is "any machine you're likely to use already
has a web browser installed on it."  That doesn't mean you don't have to
install it. It's just already been done, much to the wailing and gnashing of
teeth of those who dislike IE.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"