POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Chambers
Date: 20 Feb 2009 11:21:19
Message: <499ed87f$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2009 1:08 AM, Invisible wrote:
> (Most of the replies mumbled something about "Usenet". I have no idea
> what that is or why that's relevant.)

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=usenet

People often think that NNTP = Usenet, which is not true (the POV
server, for instance, is specifically NOT a part of Usenet).  However,
it IS true that NNTP and Usenet were created side by side.

Usenet is a big part of the Internet's history; I'd suggest you read up
on it a bit.

The problem with it now, of course, is that it's been taken over almost
entirely by spammers, trolls, and warez.  Not to mention, you have to
have a 3-inch thick flame-retardant skin to frequent many groups, due to
the high aggressiveness of the participants.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com