POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smuggling BB's as software piracy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Smuggling BB's as software piracy (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: scott
Subject: Re: Smuggling BB's as software piracy
Date: 23 Jan 2009 05:42:59
Message: <49799f33$1@news.povray.org>
> Well in that case, if you can get enough people transporting encoded paper
> napkins full of gibberish, you can jam the unjust totalitarian system ;)

They will ban napkins, and cars and walking and throwing paper planes and

From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jan 2009 05:51:59
Message: <4979a14f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> They will ban napkins, and cars and walking and throwing paper planes
> and ...

This is starting to sound like that blog I read. Apparently America was
planning to enact a law that makes it illegal to "facilitate copyright
infringement". In other words, illegal to make things that can be used
to copy stuff. The blog suggested that this would cause many things to
become illegal - P2P software, backup software, CD-burners, cameras, the
Internet, harddrives, computers, photocopiers, VCRs, set-top boxes,
PDAs, mobile phones, carbon paper, pens, pencils, paper, slate, sharp
sticks, rocks, ferbis, parrots, humans...

I have no idea if this act ever become law. ;-)

Post a reply to this message