POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smuggling BB's as software piracy : Re: Smuggling BB's as software piracy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smuggling BB's as software piracy
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jan 2009 05:51:59
Message: <4979a14f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> They will ban napkins, and cars and walking and throwing paper planes
> and ...

This is starting to sound like that blog I read. Apparently America was
planning to enact a law that makes it illegal to "facilitate copyright
infringement". In other words, illegal to make things that can be used
to copy stuff. The blog suggested that this would cause many things to
become illegal - P2P software, backup software, CD-burners, cameras, the
Internet, harddrives, computers, photocopiers, VCRs, set-top boxes,
PDAs, mobile phones, carbon paper, pens, pencils, paper, slate, sharp
sticks, rocks, ferbis, parrots, humans...

I have no idea if this act ever become law. ;-)