POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smuggling BB's as software piracy : Re: Smuggling BB's as software piracy Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:47:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smuggling BB's as software piracy
From: scott
Date: 23 Jan 2009 08:38:18
Message: <4979c84a$1@news.povray.org>
> 2) The idea of color is fascinating.  I guess in the physics of color,
> there are
> gobs (somewhere between dozens and zillions) of wavelengths, each with
> their own
> % reflectivity.  But I guess that if you could design an object with a
> precise
> color reflectivity across more than 3 or even 10 color bands, you might
> already
> be so advanced as to blow the mind beyond mere software as we know it
> today.

Be careful though, if you want to visually distinguish between colours with
your eye (or anything else that uses RGB) you only have 3 degrees of
freedom.  Of course you could use spectrometers and then you could even make
a load of "different" colours that look the same to eyes and
cameras/scanners, but actually have different spectra.  That would be pretty
cool.