POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : evil TV commercials Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  evil TV commercials (Message 39 to 48 of 78)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: evil TV commercials
Date: 16 May 2008 19:59:53
Message: <482e1ff9$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:49:43 -0500, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> 	I'd just say that's fairly judgmental. I knew a Turkish person
who came
> and spent time in the US. He would frequent the church and play a lot
> with the kids there. At some point he was simply told he was unwelcome.
> His behavior with the kids was "alarming" for them and they were worried
> he was/would be a child molester. Of course, his behavior was "standard"
> where he came from.
>
> 	These things just aren't as obvious as they seem.

Well, in the instance I outlined, it's a family that we had interacted
with on a more or less daily basis.

And of course it is/was fairly judgmental - he's not a kid that we only
saw occasionally - he was at our house nearly every day at lunchtime
(living a couple doors down from the school - a private school - afforded
that opportunity).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Well, in the instance I outlined, it's a family that we had interacted
> with on a more or less daily basis.
>
> And of course it is/was fairly judgmental - he's not a kid that we only
> saw occasionally - he was at our house nearly every day at lunchtime
> (living a couple doors down from the school - a private school - afforded
> that opportunity).

	I didn't mean that you didn't know their ways. I meant that they
perhaps have different views on parenting than you do. At some level you
can be judgmental about it - we all are. Thinking about bitchslapping
someone is at a different level.

--
It is kisstomary to cuss the bride.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z