POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) (Message 166 to 175 of 175)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
Date: 22 Feb 2008 23:09:32
Message: <47bf9c7c$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> OOC... Clearly Crysis has some pretty serious graphics. But is it
>> *fun* to play?
>
> dodging the real-time rendering quality discussion by asking about
> something so irrelevant as the game itself or if it is any fun? ;)

The demo wasn't, for me at least.

Much of the game seems based on the suit you're wearing, and you change
functions with the suit by holding down the middle mouse button, and
dragging the mouse.

Nine times out of ten, it simply wouldn't recognize my middle mouse
button, so I was unable to change functions.  And of course, because
it's such an advanced piece of software, you can't actually *remap* that
one button to another key.

I love my keyboard / mouse combo (the MS Wireless Comfort, one of the
few decent products Microsoft has made), and don't fancy buying a new
one just to play one game (that won't even run well on my computer).

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message