POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:40 EDT (-0400)
  Northern Illinois University Student Attack (Message 91 to 100 of 297)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
Date: 15 Feb 2008 23:38:44
Message: <47b668d4$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:29:50 -0500, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

>> LOL!  I mean, it isn't funny, but it is, if you know what I mean. :-)
>>
> Funny as in the cat chasing my nose around the yard, or not funny in 'oh
> crap, I lived with a cat that I couldn't go near growing up.' . . . Oh,
> both, I see.

Yes, more or less. :-)

>> Not really sure myself - all I know is when it became apparent that the
>> drug was the problem, I saw the doctor and told him what was happening
>> and he changed the prescription after giving a brief explanation.  I've
>> got a friend who worked in a hospital and learned a lot about drug
>> interactions, I suppose I could ask him.  He did confirm from his
>> sources (probably a PDR as he no longer works in the industry) that
>> that was a rare side effect.
>>

> Sorry, my geek side started showing. I couldn't study medicine, so I
> just study drugs.

Nah, that's OK - no need to apologise for geekiness.  I tend to geek out
about a fair number of things myself. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 15 Feb 2008 23:40:28
Message: <47b6693c@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 01:38:51 -0200, nemesis wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it could be as simple as gun sales requiring a sanity test of
>> some kind for people buying guns.
>
> Most states in the US do require it.  The problem is that often times
> people develop mental issues *after* they've purchased a weapon.
>
> So what then?

oh.  so the guy buys a weapon and go nuts.  explains a lot... :)

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 02:40:47 -0200, nemesis wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 01:38:51 -0200, nemesis wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps it could be as simple as gun sales requiring a sanity test of
>>> some kind for people buying guns.
>>
>> Most states in the US do require it.  The problem is that often times
>> people develop mental issues *after* they've purchased a weapon.
>>
>> So what then?
>
> oh.  so the guy buys a weapon and go nuts.  explains a lot... :)

That was the case both at the Triad center shooting here in SLC, as well
as at the LDS Family History Library.  Both of them were unstable, but
passed the background check years earlier when they purchased their
weapons.

Jim

Post a reply to this message