POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : toads, kids Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  toads, kids (Message 19 to 28 of 48)
From: scott
Subject: Re: toads, kids
Date: 15 Jan 2008 07:58:38
Message: <478cadfe@news.povray.org>
>> We used to start off with 100s of tadpoles in our pond.  I'd watch them
>> grow, but mostly I'd watch them getting eaten by the fish.  At the end we
>> maybe had 5 or 6 each year that made it to frogs.  One year we tried to
>> take
>> out the frogspawn and put it in an aquarium, but something wasn't right
>> because none survived.
>
> What did you feed them?
> They are half cannibalic. I saw them eat their dead brothers (or sisters).
> But normally they are eating aglgea. Ah, better to have some green slime
> outside
> your window. :-)

IIRC we just took out some of the water and plants (mostly that canadian
pondweed stuff) from the main pond and put in a separate container nearby.

Post a reply to this message

From: bluetree
Date: 15 Jan 2008 08:00:01
Message: <web.478cade8a2988cacde2f91a30@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> scott wrote:
>
> > We used to start off with 100s of tadpoles in our pond.  I'd watch them
> > grow, but mostly I'd watch them getting eaten by the fish.
>
> I once nudged a fly into a spider's web and watched it get eaten.
>
> Actually, that was somewhat disturbing... I was only about 11 at the time.

You had to see my face, when I was a child and was watching a nice little water
bird-baby. Oh, that sweet baby is playing with a dragonfly.
Oh, look at it, it's playing to catch the dragonfly.
- Oh, ooooooh, it made a jump, catched it and ate that big dragonfly...
.. . . b a b y?

---
bluetree

Post a reply to this message