POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : toads, kids : Re: toads, kids Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toads, kids
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 Jan 2008 08:27:01
Message: <478cb4a5$1@news.povray.org>
bluetree wrote:

> No, I was just asking, what stuff did you do, when you were a smaller one. There
> *must* some similar experience. Come on, enlighten me! :-)

Living in a semi-rural area had its advantages. Caught and kept many a
box turtle, a couple red-ear slider, Dad beheaded a copperhead in our
backyard. Then there was the year a pond began to dry up and a friend
and I caught a bucketfull of catfish with our bare hands. (Never mind
the fact that this was the very pond that was known for harboring
snapping turtles and water moccasins. The very same pond my friend's dog
suffered a bite... That was nasty, the venom was necrotizing, the bite
wasn't fatal, but the dog's foot just sort of rotted away.) Then there
was the great passionfruit scare. You see, we had these vines with these
really wicked looking flowers, and these really neat roundish fruit.
Some of us were bold enough to try the pulp inside. Quite good,
actually, one of the younger neighborhood kids dropped one when his mom
showed up, caused an uproar in our neighborhood. Calls to poison control
ensued.

I'd been hosed off in our front yard so many times... Thankfully my
mother allowed me the dignity of removing my mud-covered clothes
*inside* the garage.

Other than that, nothing really.