POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : toads, kids : Re: toads, kids Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toads, kids
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 Jan 2008 08:33:18
Message: <478cb61e$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> What I did as a kid was to make my own fireworks and explosives. I nearly
> blinded myself I was so good.

Heh, I convinced my mom to purchase potassium permanganate from the
local pharmacy. She thought I was going to use it to grow crystals (huh,
huh) No. I proceeded to take it out to the back porch, dump a little
pile of it in a small tin, and drip just a few drops of glycerin on it.
Waited for a few minutes for the 1 or 2 foot high purple jet.

Needless to say, mom didn't purchase any unknown chemicals at the
pharmacy anymore.

Oh, God. I hope my son doesn't turn out like me. Then again, maybe I do?
Hmmm. Just so long as he doesn't do something like this:

http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html