POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wierd Science #1 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Wierd Science #1 (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Nekar
Subject: Wierd Science #1
Date: 13 Jan 2008 00:52:11
Message: <4789a70b@news.povray.org>
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/wireless-0607.html

Sounds wonderful, but...
I'm not sure if speakers or any magnetic device would work in such a strong
magnetic field.

-Nekar

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Wierd Science #1
Date: 13 Jan 2008 01:54:11
Message: <4789b593@news.povray.org>
Nekar <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/wireless-0607.html

> Sounds wonderful, but...
> I'm not sure if speakers or any magnetic device would work in such a strong
> magnetic field.

  Not to talk about pacemakers or the unknown long-term effects that can
have on human health.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 13 Jan 2008 05:18:38
Message: <4789e57e@news.povray.org>
"Nekar" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/wireless-0607.html
>
> Sounds wonderful, but...
> I'm not sure if speakers or any magnetic device would work in such a
strong
> magnetic field.

Didn't Tesla claim to have discovered something like this?

Post a reply to this message