POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wierd Science #1 : Re: Wierd Science #1 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wierd Science #1
From: Nekar
Date: 13 Jan 2008 07:53:12
Message: <478a09b8@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message
news:4789e57e@news.povray.org...

> "Nekar" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> > http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/wireless-0607.html
> >
> > Sounds wonderful, but...
> > I'm not sure if speakers or any magnetic device would work in such a
> strong
> > magnetic field.
> >

> Didn't Tesla claim to have discovered something like this?

I remember something like that.

Interesting how wi-tricity, plasma rockets and  the travelling to Mars in 3
hours all use magnetic fields.
What next?
...The Philedelphia Experiment comes to mind...  (the myth/story/whatever -
claims resonating magnetic fields were used to transport the ship large
distances instantly)  =oP

This is all sounds very crazy to me. But then again when electricity was
introduced at the beginning of the modern era it must have looked like magic
to everyone.

-Nekar