POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There are POVers cyclists? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  There are POVers cyclists? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: C  Cappai
Subject: There are POVers cyclists?
Date: 5 Jan 2008 05:15:00
Message: <web.477f5809876fbbb052b5b01d0@news.povray.org>
I have a Paletti ( http://www.ciclipaletti.com/ ), Campagnolo Mirage/Veloce
Group.
I have economic wheel (Mavic). In 2007 I path road about 3000 km, only on
weekends (spring and summer).
In 2007 I took about 3000 km, only on weekends (spring and summer).
I don't have a great POVer in my legs!

Ciao!

Post a reply to this message

From: C  Cappai
Subject: Re: There are POVers cyclists?
Date: 5 Jan 2008 05:25:00
Message: <web.477f5a13339e980d52b5b01d0@news.povray.org>
"C. Cappai" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> In 2007 I path road about 3000 km, only on
> weekends (spring and summer).
> In 2007 I took about 3000 km, only on weekends (spring and summer).

Oh, error copy/paste.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 7 Jan 2008 09:08:31
Message: <4782325f@news.povray.org>
"C. Cappai" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>I have a Paletti ( http://www.ciclipaletti.com/ ), Campagnolo Mirage/Veloce
> Group.
> I have economic wheel (Mavic). In 2007 I path road about 3000 km, only on
> weekends (spring and summer).
> In 2007 I took about 3000 km, only on weekends (spring and summer).
> I don't have a great POVer in my legs!
>
> Ciao!

I got back into recreational cycling about 3-4 years ago.  For the past 3
years, in late August I've been riding in a large group ride called The
DALMAC, which starts in Lansing, Michigan, and travels to Mackinaw City,
Michigan (USA).  They have several routes from which to choose, but it ends
up being about 300 miles over 4 days for me (about 80 miles/day).

I'm not a fast rider, but it's fun to hit the pavement every summer.  But
sometimes, I really wish we had "Team POV-Ray" jersey.  Of course I'd have
to explain it to everyone I rode with, but that's why it would be fun.  :-)

I now ride a 2004 Specialized Allez Comp Double which replaced my c. 1986
Fuji Allegro.

Post a reply to this message

"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote:

> I got back into recreational cycling about 3-4 years ago.  For the past 3
> years, in late August I've been riding in a large group ride called The
> DALMAC, which starts in Lansing, Michigan, and travels to Mackinaw City,
> Michigan (USA).  They have several routes from which to choose, but it ends
> up being about 300 miles over 4 days for me (about 80 miles/day).
>
> I'm not a fast rider, but it's fun to hit the pavement every summer.  But
> sometimes, I really wish we had "Team POV-Ray" jersey.  Of course I'd have
> to explain it to everyone I rode with, but that's why it would be fun.  :-)
>
> I now ride a 2004 Specialized Allez Comp Double which replaced my c. 1986
> Fuji Allegro.

And there are climbs in Michigan?
I love the climb...
Here we have the Apennine Tuscan-Emilian:
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apennine_Mountains#Tuscan-Emilian_Apennines )
Not even I am a fast rider.
My best performance: almost 27 km/h to 180 km and 1500 m climb.
A great effort!

Post a reply to this message