POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There are POVers cyclists? : Re: There are POVers cyclists? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There are POVers cyclists?
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 8 Jan 2008 10:41:46
Message: <478399ba@news.povray.org>
"C. Cappai" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.47825858339e980d747bdf830@news.povray.org...
> "Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote:
>
> And there are climbs in Michigan?
> I love the climb...
> Here we have the Apennine Tuscan-Emilian:
> (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apennine_Mountains#Tuscan-Emilian_Apennines )

Where I live, it's very flat.  I have a small climb near my house, but I'd
have to go up 30 to 50 times to equal what you mention here.  :-)

On the DALMAC trip, there are several climbs, but nothing major.  I'm a
little overweight (less than I used to be), so climbs are pretty difficult.
Additionally, I don't have the 3rd sprocket (granny gear), which makes steep
climbs really tough.  The DALMAC ride has something they nicknamed "The
Wall", which is a very steep climb for the last 400 hundred meters or so.
http://tinyurl.com/7pljr  I was very happy with myself this year, having
climbed it for the first time.  :-)

> Not even I am a fast rider.
> My best performance: almost 27 km/h to 180 km and 1500 m climb.
> A great effort!

Sounds about like me.  I enjoy watching Le Tour de France and I realize that
I could never bike competitively, but it still motivates me during the
summer.  Just watching what they do makes me believe in "What I can do", and
I've pushed myself past limits that I wouldn't have imagined 5 years ago.

The weather here just got a lot warmer this weak, and it really makes me
want to get on my bike now.  LOL  But tomorrow will be below freezing again.