POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There are POVers cyclists? : Re: There are POVers cyclists? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There are POVers cyclists?
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 7 Jan 2008 09:08:31
Message: <4782325f@news.povray.org>
"C. Cappai" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.477f5809876fbbb052b5b01d0@news.povray.org...
>I have a Paletti ( http://www.ciclipaletti.com/ ), Campagnolo Mirage/Veloce
> Group.
> I have economic wheel (Mavic). In 2007 I path road about 3000 km, only on
> weekends (spring and summer).
> In 2007 I took about 3000 km, only on weekends (spring and summer).
> I don't have a great POVer in my legs!
>
> Ciao!

I got back into recreational cycling about 3-4 years ago.  For the past 3
years, in late August I've been riding in a large group ride called The
DALMAC, which starts in Lansing, Michigan, and travels to Mackinaw City,
Michigan (USA).  They have several routes from which to choose, but it ends
up being about 300 miles over 4 days for me (about 80 miles/day).

I'm not a fast rider, but it's fun to hit the pavement every summer.  But
sometimes, I really wish we had "Team POV-Ray" jersey.  Of course I'd have
to explain it to everyone I rode with, but that's why it would be fun.  :-)

I now ride a 2004 Specialized Allez Comp Double which replaced my c. 1986
Fuji Allegro.