POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Twenty Questions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Twenty Questions (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Twenty Questions
Date: 13 Dec 2007 02:38:33
Message: <4760e179$1@news.povray.org>
So according to my calculations, a game of 20 questions can distinguish
between up to 1,048,576 things, assuming only yes/no questions.  Not bad...

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Subject: Re: Twenty Questions
Date: 13 Dec 2007 02:43:56
Message: <4760e2bc@news.povray.org>
> So according to my calculations, a game of 20 questions can distinguish
> between up to 1,048,576 things, assuming only yes/no questions.  Not
> bad...

Thinking up the actual questions to distinguish between 1048576 things is
another matter though... ;-)

Post a reply to this message