POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Twenty Questions : Re: Twenty Questions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twenty Questions
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Dec 2007 07:03:59
Message: <47611faf$1@news.povray.org>
MattM wrote:

> and of course there's no fixed number of questions, they can be different at
> every level so you have many many many more permutations. Or is it just
> fortunate that I've always picked something of that list! ;)

Au contrare... If 20 questions will be asked yielding 20 yes/no answers,
than 2^20 things can be distinguished. The fact that the questions on
one branch may or may not be the same as the ones on another branch is
irrelevant. There are still the same number of branches. [Although
obviously as a *practical* matter being able to have more relevent
quenstions on the different branches helps a lot.]