POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stop the ride - Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  stop the ride - (Message 14 to 23 of 53)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: stop the ride -
Date: 24 Nov 2007 15:13:13
Message: <474885d9@news.povray.org>
news:47487b0a@news.povray.org...
> alphaQuad <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > Solving world hunger is not such a
> > difficult accomplishment.
>
>   Actually it is.

So you'd rather do nothing than try and possibly fail?

I don't think anyone's suggesting pour money into the country and stand
back. It's going to take money and a lot of hard work. Probably more of the
latter than of the former. It's also going to take effort over a long period
of time. 15 years is probably a concervative estimate.

Education, good governance, sustainable farming practices, mining
technologies, entrepreneurship, etc. Handing out money then sitting back is
a recipe for absolute disaster. On the one hand it encourages corruption
(and there's anough of that around here anyway) and on the other it results
in people with a sense of entitlement, 'the world owes me a living' (and
there's a fair bit of that around here too)

Post a reply to this message