POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stop the ride - : Re: stop the ride - Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stop the ride -
From: Warp
Date: 24 Nov 2007 17:03:16
Message: <47489fa4@news.povray.org>
> The fact that it is more than just throwing money at the problem of world
> hunger doesn't mean we shouldn't try.  I don't believe that's what you're
> trying to say, though.

  The current aid model just doesn't work, that's what I'm saying. It's
only alleviating the symptoms slightly and temporarily, while making the
underlying problem worse, increasing dependency of the poor nations on
this aid and killing local entrepreneurship. Thinking that "50 billion
dollars a year will solve world hunger in 20 years" is naive and just
doesn't work.

  And with this I'm not saying that poor nations should not be helped
at all.

--
                                                          - Warp