POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  My first nomogram (Message 1 to 10 of 48)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: My first nomogram
Date: 28 Jun 2008 12:07:54
Message: <486661da@news.povray.org>
OK, so I realise that nobody else is going to be nearly as excited about
this as I am, but... after about an hour of PostScript coding, I was
able to construct a nomogram that correctly expresses the relationship
"X+Y=Z".

That is, pick any pair of variables, pick values for these, draw a
straight line such that it passes through the values you picked on the
appropriate axies, and the point where it passes through the third axis
indicates the correct value for the third variable.

That was *so* worth it, eh? ;-)

Most of the hour was spent tracking down glitches in my PostScript
coding (e.g., making a loop count from 100 to 1 in steps of +1), and
tweaking the asthetics of the page (I know, I'm fussy).

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Attachments:
Download 'nomogram-linear1.pdf' (4 KB)

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:07:53 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>
wrote:

>OK, so I realise that nobody else is going to be nearly as excited about
>this as I am, but... after about an hour of PostScript coding, I was
>able to construct a nomogram that correctly expresses the relationship
>"X+Y=Z".

Nice and clean. Now one for multiplication.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message