POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  My first nomogram
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jun 2008 12:07:54
Message: <486661da@news.povray.org>
OK, so I realise that nobody else is going to be nearly as excited about
this as I am, but... after about an hour of PostScript coding, I was
able to construct a nomogram that correctly expresses the relationship
"X+Y=Z".

That is, pick any pair of variables, pick values for these, draw a
straight line such that it passes through the values you picked on the
appropriate axies, and the point where it passes through the third axis
indicates the correct value for the third variable.

That was *so* worth it, eh? ;-)

Most of the hour was spent tracking down glitches in my PostScript
coding (e.g., making a loop count from 100 to 1 in steps of +1), and
tweaking the asthetics of the page (I know, I'm fussy).

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Attachments:
Download 'nomogram-linear1.pdf' (4 KB)