POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : Re: My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first nomogram
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jun 2008 13:34:57
Message: <48667641$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Nice and clean. Now one for multiplication.

My dear boy, do you have *any idea* how awkward it is to draw a
logarithmic scale so all the numbers are readable?

At the bottom of the scale, the distance from 1 to 2 is big enough to
fit a parking lot in. But higher up, the distance between (say) 9 and 10
is so tiny you can bearly fit the numbers on without them overlapping.
It's really frustratingly tricky to pick an arrangement of labels and
tick marks that looks "nice and clean".

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/