POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 (Message 230 to 239 of 269)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare?
Date: 25 Aug 2009 16:15:37
Message: <4a944669@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:02:44 +0200, andrel wrote:

>>> Bloody stupid and bloody irresponsible of the town they are serving.
>>
>>     What Jim said. Towns over here (particularly in the part of the
>> country where he lives) are far flung, with some having only, you know,
>> 300 people in them. And they're not rare. I'd bet a *much* higher
>> percentage of the US lives in such places compared to where you're at.
>>
> True but irrelevant, I think.

If the population in an area covered by a "local" volunteer department
only consists of 25 people (and in some parts of Wyoming and Montana that
is actually the case), the tax burden would be quite high.  It becomes a
risk analysis as well as a cost/benefit analysis.

Jim

Post a reply to this message