POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Aug 2009 17:09:58
Message: <4a945326$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:04:18 +0200, andrel wrote:

>> Of course all homes are in an area where law is applied (a judicial
>> boundary).  But in some cases, that boundary is very, very large, and
>> public services don't cover the entire area.
>
> Ok, that is clear then. I am not going to roll back the tread to see
> where the misunderstanding arose.

Fair enough. :-)

>> We are talking about the same thing.  But the population density in the
>> western US as a whole is very sparse compared to most European
>> countries; I can understand why it's difficult to wrap one's mind
>> around the idea that there isn't a fire truck "just around the corner"
>> from any major area.
>
> Actually it isn't. Lots of places that are not densely populated here in
> europe.

Well, true, but consider that the land mass of the US is 9,826,630 sq.
km. and the population is roughly 307,212,123 people...(density of 31
people per square km).  Compare to your IP address' home location of The
Netherlands, 41,526 sq. km. and a population of 16,715,999 (density of
402 people per sq. km.) and you start to see the difference I'm talking
about.  Compare the US population density to pretty much any European
country and you'll find the comparison is pretty consistent, overall.

Jim