POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare?
From: andrel
Date: 25 Aug 2009 16:33:49
Message: <4A944AAC.4050802@hotmail.com>
On 25-8-2009 22:16, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:01:49 +0200, andrel wrote:
>
>> Every house here belongs to a town (or village if you like). Don't tell
>> me even that is different in the US.
>
> It is.  We have street addresses called "rural routes" - the post office
> is located in the nearest town, but the house is not actually in the town.

To be slighly more precise: are there houses that are outside the
juridical borders of a city?
Of course we have houses outside of town here, but the juridical areas
of the towns in the Netherlands cover the whole country.

> Sorry if you don't believe me, but that doesn't make what I'm saying
> false.

I have no problem to believe you, but what you seem to say does not
match how we do things here, so I want to know if we are talking about
the same thing.