POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A vacuous comparison Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  A vacuous comparison (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Invisible
Subject: A vacuous comparison
Date: 16 Dec 2008 09:49:51
Message: <4947c00f$1@news.povray.org>
OK, let's try something...

Click this:

   http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/

Pretty, isn't it?

Now click this:

   http://www.python.org/

Not quite so good, eh?

Now this:

   http://clean.cs.ru.nl/

OK, but nothing fancy.

Now this:

   http://www.erlang.org/

Hmm, not looking so hot now.

Finally, try this:

   http://www.haskell.org/

Highly unfavourable, eh? Looks cheap, amaturish and uninviting.

I guess this is why nobody ever uses Haskell...

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Subject: Re: A vacuous comparison
Date: 16 Dec 2008 10:00:42
Message: <4947c29a@news.povray.org>
> OK, let's try something...

Haha I could do the same with the competitors of the company I work for,
then list our company website (which isn't even <company_name>.com because
they can't be bothered to pay off some company 10000x smaller that already
has it).  But sadly I doubt anyone would take any notice.

Post a reply to this message

> Haha I could do the same with the competitors of the company I work for,
> then list our company website (which isn't even <company_name>.com
> because they can't be bothered to pay off some company 10000x smaller
> that already has it).  But sadly I doubt anyone would take any notice.

Ooo... web whores. :-D

"We'll register this DNS name first, and then charge its rightful owners
10,000,000 USD! We'll be rich! RICH!!"

Kinda like patent trolls...

Post a reply to this message

> Haha I could do the same with the competitors of the company I work for,

Remind me... Who the hell do you work for?

Post a reply to this message